Pegasus Mail 3.x Setup and Configuration for Windows
If you need 2.54 instructions, click here
Setup - if you are installing the program for the first time;
Configuration - if the program is installed, but you need to configue it for the first time;
Settings - if the program has been installed, but configured for another e-mail account.
Continue to Configuration
- Locate either the win16-3xx.exe (16-bit Windows 3.1) or the win32-3xx.exe (32-bit Windows 95/98) file from a download and double-click it's icon or click the Pegasus installation link on the Mid-Missouri Internet Explorer 3.02/4.01 CD and select Open or Run from this location to be to begin the extraction process.
- The installation screen below opens. Press Next to begin installation.
- You will next get an screen with information on the version you are installing. Click Next when you have read the information.
- You are then asked to select a Destination Directory (below). By default, the directory is C:\PMAIL; if you want to change this directory, click Browse and enter the directory you want; click Next to use the directory listed.
- Next, you must select which options you want installed (below)
- Put a check next to Pegasus Mail application (or the program won't load).
- Put a check next to Install as default mailer for Internet Explorer if you want the Mail option in Internet Explorer to open Pegasus Mail instead of Internet Mail or Outlook Express.
- Put a check next to Create program group if you want a separate folder group created (so you can go Start-Programs-Pegasus Mail)
- Press Next when you have you options selected.
- If you opted to create a program group in the step above, you will be asked to enter a Program Group name if you don't want the default. Click Next when the group you want Pegasus Mail to appear in.
- When the Ready to Install window then appears; click Next. The program will then copy files to your computer.
- When the files are copied, the Installation Completed window appears; click Finish.